Monday, November 26, 2007

I know this is way way late but I wasn't blogging in May and this is the only somewhat recent picture of Daren and I. Sad but true. We were so excited for Daren to finally finish school after 11yrs. He got his DPT, Doctorate of Physical Therapy on May 12, 2007. He then spent the next 6 weeks studying for the boards. He passed and began his first contract job with his new employer on June 25. He worked at a hospital in Lincoln for 3 months and then signed a new contract to work here in Omaha at the VA hopsital but it didn't start for a month so we enjoyed having him home with us for the month of October. It was sad not having him around every day but he is really enjoying his current assignment. He is doing mostly outpatient orthopedic therapy. A worthwhile end or beginning, depending on how you look at it, to a long journey.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet it is SO nice to be done with school. We are getting close to the moment we have been waiting for so long. Hope things go good with Darren's job.

Emily said...

Congrats!!

hope said...

It is such an exciting time to move onto the next stage of life! How wonderful!!!

The Brown's said...

Sunny, I thought you guys had left and were long gone! Im so excited to know that you are still here. I truly apologize for my slacking. We are going home for Christmas but will be back in January. I WILL call and chat. So good to see you are doing well. Merry Christmas!- Nicole Brown

Hailey said...

I didn't realize that Darren was finished with school either. Congratulations! Are you thinking of coming back to AZ anytime? Hope things continue to go well.