Thursday, April 3, 2008

Home away from home...



I know I have been a total slacker about posting lately. It seems like life has been pretty uneventful as of late. I guess that is a good thing. Even Aspen has the same routine pretty much every school day. We did go to Lincoln a couple of weekends ago. I hate to admit I have only been like 3 times since we have lived here. We went to the mall to look for a pair of shoes for Daren and we walked into the food court and I got so excited because right inside the door was a Panda Express. I have really missed my orange chicken while we have been in Omaha. Everytime we go to Utah or Washington I have to have a fix. I was a very happy camper. The babies seemed to like it too. They had a party after I ate. Things are going well with the pregnancy. So far everything is on track. I haven't really felt sick at all just a lot of aches and pains. I am getting old.
Aspen had to have an Endoscopy to check for Celiac's Disease, which is an intolerance to wheat, gluten, barely, etc. We don't have the results back yet but are hoping the tests are negative. Have you ever read food labels? Wheat is in like everything. I guess we wouldn't need to store as much wheat but what am I going to feed my child that already only has a diet of about 5 things? She did great for the procedure but had a hard time waking up. We were at Children's for about 5 hours. Those padded rockers they have in the corner are deceiving. They are the most uncomfortable chairs I have ever sat in. Aspen has been to Children's over 78 times not including all her therapy sessions we have had. We could have saved so much gas money if we would have just lived closer to the hospital. I think my car goes into auto pilot when we start heading for Children's.
I will try to better about posting more often. Hope you are all doing well.

11 comments:

Hailey said...

Aspen looks so cute in her little hospital gown! She's so skinny! Post an update when you find out the results of her tests. Hopefully they will be negative. :)

Shaun & April said...

Such a trooper! I am amazed at the tolerance of these little kids that spend the majority of their days in hospitals. I hope your tests are negative. We had to do a three-day diet in Nursing school and one of the diets was gluten-free... No one made it very long.

Eli, Trieste, and The Gals said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU ALL HAD A BLAST IN LINCOLN! BEST WISHES FOR ASPEN. LET ME KNOW THE RESULTS. IF SHE DOES END UP WITH CELIAC'S, A FRIEND OF MINE'S ENTIRE FAMILY HAS THE SAME, BUT THEY ALSO HAVE AWESOME RECIPES FOR EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN. I'LL GIVE YOU HER INFO IF YOU NEED IT. I ACTUALLY MADE HER FAMILY GLUTEN-FREE BROWNIES ONE CHRISTMAS AND MADE HER ONE SON EXTREMELY ILL. LITTLE DID I KNOW VANILLA HAS CARAMEL COLOR IN IT, WHICH THEREFORE CONTAINS GLUTEN. GO FIGURE! I DO HAVE THAT BROWNIE RECIPE THOUGH, AND IT'S FANTASTIC. JUST REMEMBER TO USE THE SPECIAL VANILLA, WHICH I DIDN'T DO. OOPS!

Jeannette said...

I hope she doesn't have celiac's that would be hard to real labels all the time. I am glad she made it through the test ok. I feel like we are always at the eye doctor or ENT for Dylan! One of his tube is blocked and may need to be replaced. I guess we will see. By the way I love panda express too! I always go there when we can!

Marshall and Dana said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for Aspen. Me and you should just put up a tent in the children's hospital lobby and live there.HAA! I might have to pick u up and make some Lincoln runs. I love panda express!

Wendy said...

What a brave girl! She is getting so big and we hope that her test will come back negative. Congratulations on the twins!! We are so excited for you!!!

Shawnie said...

I hope all is well for Aspen! There are some good books out there now on Celiac but I agree, I would be up a creek if it were my kids. I'm glad you had fun in Lincoln and the pregnancy is going so well. Give Aspen loves for us!
Shawnie

Creative Corner said...

She is so cute! I sure do miss you guys and hope she gets a few weeks out of the hospital...hehee just kidding!

We miss you!

hope said...

What a sweet girl. I also hope she doesn't have that. Although I have a friend who can't have wheat, etc. and has managed pretty well with things. Soy Flour is great, although it doesn't completely cover the bread thing. But I do know there are wheatless things out there thanks to her. I just rambled.
Hope things come out well. Good to hear your pregnancy is going well, too!

Pratt Family said...

Hey, it's been awhile but it was sure fun getting updated on your fam. Belated congrats on your pregnancy...that's so exciting to be having a girl & a boy. Glad to hear you've been feeling well...you are so amazing Sunnie. Aspen is getting so big. Sure hope things come back negative. I sure do miss Omaha especially Children's hospital say hi for me. Hope everything continues to go well for you in your pregnancy. Take care, Cammie

Dawn said...

Glad to see you have surfaced again and all is well with the babies. Good luck with the test results. I remember after my ulcer, I could eat about 6 things. I can't even look at a turkey burger without gagging.