Friday, October 23, 2015

FDREL 121 Post #2

The reading assignment for this week was 2 Nephi Chapters 9-16. I had a difficult time getting through these chapters. They are "Isaiah" chapters. That has always intimidated me. The lead student, Ruth Anne, showed us a book by John Bytheway called "Isaiah for Airheads." I think I really need to get that book. She says it has really helped her. I might not have gotten as much as I had hoped out of my reading for the week but I really did enjoy the gathering. I learned a lot from the study skill Ruth Anne presented. She chose "Principles and Doctrine." She gave us a handout (pictured below) that really had some great points. My favorite are the points of what doctrine and principles are. Doctrine is: synonymous with the truths of salvation, unchanging truth, eternal laws and fundamental beliefs. Principles are: enduring truth, laws, rules that lead to obedience to God and they are portable. I liked the discussion the class had about how principles are portable. They are true anytime, anywhere and in any circumstance. Ruth Anne said how grateful she was to be able to teach the lesson and how much she personally learned and gained from it. I will definitely be looking for more principles and doctrine in my daily reading.

No comments: